Launching MATLAB while using Redundant Servers results in either a License Manager Error -5 being returned or the activation app starting instead of MATLAB.
When MATLAB attempts to checkout a license key from Redundant Servers, either License Manager Error -5 is returned or the activation app starts.
Follow the instructions below to install a patch that addresses this bug as well as Bug Report ID 1394070.
- Log in to an account with appropriate permissions to overwrite files in your MATLAB installation. On Linux systems, this is typically the root account.
- Locate your MATLAB installation. This folder is referred to as <MATLAB> in subsequent steps.
- Download the attached .zip file associated with this Bug Report and store the file in the <MATLAB> folder. (Windows Systems: You may need administrative privileges to save the .zip file in the <MATLAB> folder. To do this, open this Bug Report in a browser started in administrator mode, then from the browser save the .zip file in the <MATLAB> folder.)
- For each file that appears in the .zip file, find the corresponding file in your existing <MATLAB> folder and make a backup of it. To see the contents of the .zip file:
Windows Systems: Open the .zip file and look at the contents.
Linux/Macintosh Systems: Type the following in a shell (Linux) or in a terminal window (Macintosh): unzip -l <MATLAB>/<.zip file>
- Extract the files from the .zip file into the <MATLAB> folder.
Windows Systems: Open the .zip file. Extract the contents of the file into your <MATLAB> folder. You may be prompted to provide Administrator privileges when extracting the .zip file.
Linux/Macintosh Systems: Type the following in a shell (Linux) or in a terminal window (Macintosh): cd <MATLAB> && unzip <.zip file>
- Delete the .zip file in the <MATLAB> folder.
Patch for Windows